We’ve got an underrated weekend of sports ahead so I know the beers will be flowing while we watch the Final Four (Go Cocks, but only because Gonzo likes them), NASCAR is racing in Martinsville, and last but not least WrestleMania 33 . But what will we be eating with all of these beers???
I’m not one to assume but I’m pretty sure that if you’re reading a beer blog you probably love yourself some cheese as well. Am I right? I’m usually pretty spot on with my cheese profiling. Here’s a fairly simple Beer & Cheese recipe for you guys. I chose the word “Versatile” to describe it because it can be used as a dip (soft pretzels, cheese fries, maybe even a pumpernickle bowl), in mac & cheese, or in any other way you can intake cheese.
- 1 8oz Pack of Cream Cheese
- 1 8oz Bag of Cheddar Cheese
- 1 8oz Bag of A Cheese of your choice (I like to use pepper jack cheese but if you’re into Mozzarella or Provolone go for that instead)
- 1 Beer (go with something lighter that doesn’t have a lot of added fruits or flavors in it. I typically use Yuengling)
- Salt, White Pepper and Garlic Powder to your taste
Start out in a medium saucepan on medium/high heat. Melt down the cheam cheese until pliable and then add the entire beer. Once that mix is brought to almost a boil you can add your other cheeses and seasonings. Turn the heat to low to melt those cheeses and you’ll be ready to eat! Simple as that, folks!